Getting a new lease on life in his PBA career, Chris Lutz is eyeing to return to the court as early as the 2017 PBA Commissioner’s Cup.
“Hopefully, in a couple of months I’ll be able to play. I think it’s safe to say that maybe, I’ll be cleared by the second conference,” Lutz told INQUIRER.net shortly after Meralco acquired his rights Monday afternoon.
The 6-foot-3 swingman is just grateful for his new opportunity with the Bolts.
“I’m just happy and excited that Meralco wanted to sign me. Coming off my injury, I wasn’t sure what team will be interested in me. So I’m just excited to join Meralco,” he said.
Lutz has been in the injury list since last season as he dealt with a number of issues, most glaringly his ankle injury.
He has been on the road to recovery since, and he just returned from the US last week. – INQUIRER.net