PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial disclosed that the indefinite suspension of controversial forward Calvin Abueva is still pretty much in effect.
The 32-year old native of Angeles City, Pampanga had earlier claimed during a recent interview on Sports Page that he has already completed all the requirements needed for reinstatement.
“Tapos na lahat, resulta na lang ang hinihintay,” said Abueva. “Hanggang ngayon yun ang hinihintay ko kung ano ang sasabihin ni Commissioner sa ginawa ko.”
Marcial, however, insists that there are still steps to be made before Abueva can return to active status.
“Nag-usap na kami ni Calvin last Thursday. Nagkumustuhan kami, maganda ‘yung kwentuhan. Sinasabi ko sa kanya na, ‘Calvin may proseso pa na gagawin,’” said Marcial during Tuesday’s Philippine Sportswriters Association online forum.
“Ang maganda rito, nagkausap kami, naintindihan niya ako, at naiintindihan ko siya,” he added.
Although he refused to divulge more details on the suspension which is now on its 14th month, Marcial maintained that he is happy with the marked improvement of the 2013 PBA Rookie of the Year.
“Hindi ko lang pwede masiwalat sa inyo kung papaano para sa proteksyon at para sa ikabubuti ng lahat,” said Marcial. “Pero para sa akin, maganda. May improvement si Calvin.”