PBA set to file charges against ‘Spider-Man’

PBA Media Bureau

PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial said that the league is set to file charges against the man who disrupted Game 5 of the Finals series between defending champion San Miguel Beermen and the Magnolia Hotshots during the waning minutes of the payoff period, Friday night at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Marcial bared that he had already advised legal counsel Atty. Melvin Mendoza to file the necessary charges against Paolo Felizarta, the man behind the Spider-Man costume who ran the full length of the court while waving a hand-written message. Felizarta, in the process, slammed into 2019 Philippine Cup Best Player June Mar Fajardo which knocked the SMB starting center down.

“Mahirap kung wala tayong gagawin na mabigat na aksyon. Sigurado mauulit yan kapag nakita nila na pinabayaan lang ng PBA ito. Definitely necessary action should be taken,” said Marcial.

While it was clear that Felizarta wasn’t out to hurt anybody, the commissioner stressed that the league still won’t condone his actions.

“Sabihin na natin good intention, but bad execution,” added the 57-year old former league statistician.

Aside from the filing of the necessary charges, Marcial said the he would ask Smart Araneta officials as well as NCRPO chief Guillermo Eleazar to further beef up venue security to prevent a repeat of the unfortunate incident.

“Kakausapin ko Araneta, dagdagan security. Kauspain ko rin General Eleazar na magdagdag ng pulis. Ngayon lang ito nangyari eh.”

Loading...
Please Login to comment